This week many readers saw the light at the end of the summer and sprinted toward it, finishing the novel and writing about the end. If you are still behind the spoiler line, you should avoid:
- Gerry Canavan, On Endings.
- Kevin Carey of A Supposedly Fun Blog, So I Lied.
- Daryl Houston of Infinite Zombies, I Know a Good Book When I Want to Write One.
- Lefttothereader, Infinite Summer …?.
- Pages Turned, Couldn’t Keep to the Schedule.
- Girl Detective, 100%.
- Uncertain Principles, David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest.
- Infinite Detox, Spoiler Line: ∞
Earlier, Infinite Detox was outraged at E.T.A. (and the novel’s) treatment of Michael Pemulis. Infinite Tasks concurred.
Paul Debraski is sticking the schedule; his latest posts looks at Wallace’s prescience regarding technology. Sarah observes that the book has become abruptly infantile.