[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Infinite Summer • View topic - Lyle

Infinite Summer

Formed in the summer of 2009 to read David Foster Wallace's masterwork "Infinite Jest".
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lyle
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:58 pm 

I am ninety-nine percent sure that Lyle is not a real person. Am I being an idiot? Instead of flipping back to the section I'm asking here because I'm lazy.

Post subject: Re: Lyle
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:16 am 

In all likelihood, Lyle is real. Many characters are able to see and interact with him and they tend to agree on his basic qualities and nature.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:40 am 

Lyle is real.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:22 am 

Like it's been said, Lyle is real... but it's kind of hard to figure out exactly what his nature is.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:53 pm 

I'm sort of free associating here. The soldier who took the DMZ was said to always be sitting in a lotus position. Could he have been Lyle?

DMZ was also the demilitarized zone in Vietnam. And a lot of Vietnam vets came home with mental problems and also smoked pot in Vietnam...and the Army really did experiment on soldiers with various drugs.