Infinite Summer

Formed in the summer of 2009 to read David Foster Wallace's masterwork "Infinite Jest".
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Toronto?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:23 pm 

mcfarlanea wrote:
Alas, I've dropped out. IJ is sitting gathering dust on my bookshelf, having been relegated there during a particularly trying footnote.

I saw someone on the bus the other day reading IJ, though - there are people out there!

Winners never quit. This is something I've heard and something I'd like to pass on.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:14 am 

Infinitely_Baffled wrote:
I'm in Ottawa. I only rarely get to Toronto. Fixing the garbage collection strike and the VIA Rail strike would increase my willingness to travel!

Peter

I'm in Ottawa. Shall we see if we can find other IJ readers here in town, Peter, or are you keen to go to Toronto?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:30 am 

Paula wrote:
I'm in Ottawa. I only rarely get to Toronto. Fixing the garbage collection strike and the VIA Rail strike would increase my willingness to travel!

Peter

I'm in Ottawa. Shall we see if we can find other IJ readers here in town, Peter, or are you keen to go to Toronto?

Hi Paula,
Just read your post after being exceptionally busy over the past couple of weeks. As a general rule, I hate going to Toronto, but I'll have a think about it and get back to you.
Peter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:59 pm 

Paula wrote:

Peter

Hi Paula,

It's not practical for me to go to Toronto in the near future, so I'll start an Ottawa thread and let the Toronto people do their own thing.

Peter