[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Infinite Summer • View topic - Infinite Summer t-shirts?

Infinite Summer

Formed in the summer of 2009 to read David Foster Wallace's masterwork "Infinite Jest".
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The Inficratic Oath: first, post no spoilers. Limit your I.J. discussion to only those events that take place on or before the page 981 (100%).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Infinite Summer t-shirts?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:31 am 

I really like the 2nd one as well!

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:27 am 

I love all the ideas so far, and the submitted graphics, 13YOA (add my thumbs-up to #2). Just thought I'd share: for a slogan, how about something like "E.T.A. Eschaton Survivor, Infinite Summer 2009"? I'm envisioning that "Property of . . . "-shirt-type lettering. Perhaps it's too scene-specific . . .

Thanks to Matthew and all for helping to make this such an engaging and rewarding experience for this first-time reader.

Stephen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:18 am 

I actually started working on a design, but don't know when I'll have time to finish it, so I'll just describe it. On the front would be sort of an ETA crest, with the motto* divided so that "TE OCCIDERE POSSUNT" appears above the crest and "SED TE EDERE NON POSSUNT NEFAS EST" appears below. It should be done in grey on a red shirt, to match the ETA school colors. The crest featured a tennis racquet hitting, instead of a tennis ball, the section-dividing annulus symbol.

On the back would be "Infinite Summer - Y.D.A.U."**

If anyone wants to take this and run with it, go for it. If I ever get around to finishing it, I'll post it.

* Yes, this is not actually the school motto, but only those who have read the book will know that, and it makes such an awesome motto.

** Is that what 2009 was calculated to be, or is this Y.G.?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:24 am 

like the use of the circle. kind of would like it to be a bit more isolated.
like the use of the "we are in here"
like the footnote, though in combination with "we are in here," it feels a bit like declaring we are in diapers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:10 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:35 am 

That is an awesome diary cover.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:38 pm 

Love the annular symbol too, and incorporating the Subsidized Year instead of 2009. Of course there should be a footnote, of course! :D
How about adding, "And but so, we finished like, the entire book."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:40 pm 

I like the second one too, but suggest that the phrase Infinite Summer be together on the first line and Y.D.A.U. (with the superscript) be on the second text line. I like the white on black hand-drawn and lettered version of it, too. Good job—completely inexplicable, which is a strong point in its favor, and maybe the whole idea.

Another idea would be a box (8 inches x 8 inches or so) with the blue cloudy sky (on either white or black t shirts) with infinite summer spelled out in random orange, blank, and white, like the web page header up there; text in the bottom (or the top) of the box, with maybe 2009 either on the same line or below. I guess that would be a feeble attempt at 'branding,' which is kind of a pleasantly silly idea.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:24 am 

I. too, really like the second design. I found some Tshirts Online, but what the heck? More than one Tshirt for reading such a long, complicated book isn't too much.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:47 am 

I like the second t shirt too. Someone on the blog suggested the ONAN crest, which I think would be fantastic. Maybe for the back? It'd be great if someone drew it just for fun, if nothing else.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next