Something fun to do for the initiated! Download this PDF file to construct a tool to use while reading Infinite Jest
during this Infinite Summer.
It is a bookmark of sorts, with two sides (which upon being glued together) that function as both a bookmark for where you have stopped
in the novel and a placeholder for the last footnote page you have read.
1) Print out PDF while on company time using high gloss photo paper and high-resolution ink settings (or just plain old copy paper).
2) Cut out the three panels A, B and C using an x-acto knife or whatever sharp instrument you have on hand.
3) Glue the back of side A to the back of side B completing the bookmark (spray mount works wonders here).
4) Place the corresponding sides in each area of the book forming a 'U' shaped bookmark.
5) Use panel C to jot down unfamiliar words to look up in a dictionary at a later time if one is not at hand.
6) Feel free to re-mix and re-distribute the dual bookmark idea using the Creative Commons license. Do not use for commercial purposes.infinite_jest_bookmark.pdf
You are loved. - DSR