|Austin event 9/26/09 - And But So: A Tribute to DFW
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||mattbucher [ Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:39 am ]|
|Post subject:||Austin event 9/26/09 - And But So: A Tribute to DFW|
Celebrate Infinite Jest, David Foster Wallace, and the end of Infinite Summer:
And But So: A Tribute to David Foster Wallace
September 26, 2009, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Salvage Vanguard Theater, Austin, Texas
Readings and performances from Wallace’s works. Music, food, drink. Among our readers and performers are
* Matt Bucher: Publisher of Elegant Complexity: A Study of David Foster Wallace’s Infinite Jest; administrator of the Wallace-l listserv.
* L.B. Deyo: President of Austin’s Dionysium and the author of Invisible Frontier: Exploring the Tunnels, Ruins & Rooftops of Hidden New York; co-founder of Jinx multimedia and editor of Jinx magazine.
* Connor Hopkins: Founder and Artistic Director of the Trouble Puppet Theater Company.
* Mary LaMotte Silverstein: Former editor at Harper’s Magazine; worked with David Foster Wallace on the essay “Tense Present.”
* Doug Dorst: Author of the novel Alive in Necropolis, the play Monster in the Dark, and the short-story collection The Surf Guru. His stories have appeared in McSweeney’s, Ploughshares, The Atlantic Unbound, The Sun, ZYZZYVA, and other journals.
Have a favorite David Foster Wallace passage? Bring it along—we’ll end the event with an open mic.
FREE and open to the public
Want more info? Contact Kathryn Rogers at Rogers.editorial [at] gmail.com or Matt Bucher at mattbucher [at] gmail.com
|Author:||1baldboy [ Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:09 am ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Austin event 9/26/09 - And But So: A Tribute to DFW|
Thanks to all who planned this event. I went and it was a wonderful and fitting tribute to DFW. Plus the brief re-enactment of the ONANTIAD totally ruled!
Thanks again, it was great.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group